Notability app for iPhone and iPad
3296 ratings )
Current version: 7.2.5
, last update: 6 months ago
First release : 01 Apr 2010
App size: 125.3 Mb
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, create checklists, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Streamline your workflow to be fully paper-free.
- Its easy to keep yourself organized across devices and platforms.
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
- Multitasking enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture.
- While editing a note in Notability, you can view other files in the Files app at the same time.
- Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability. Share your favorite sketch by dragging it to Messages or Mail and send it along!
- 3D Touch makes it faster than ever to start a new note, and open recently viewed notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Ink is fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Interactive checklists.
- Text can be searched, selected and highlighted.
- The typing experience is uniquely tailored for each device, giving you an optimal experience wherever you take your notes.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs, IMAGES, AND GIFS
- Import PDF, DOC, PPT, image files, and GIFs from other apps into the library or into notes.
- Annotate lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import or take pictures of relevant information to annotate.
- Import Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as PDFs.
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes link to recordings automatically, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Provide audio and handwritten feedback that is linked together within the note.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive and more.
- Move note content to other apps like Messages or Mail, and share with Drag and Drop.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Retrieve previous versions of your note to ensure safety.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or OneDrive - including business and school accounts - can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT (MDM)
- Schools and enterprises can configure Notability to manage access to features such as cloud services, Giphy, etc.
- For more information about MDM visit support.gingerlabs.com
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
Pros and cons of Notability app for iPhone and iPad
Notability app good for
Notability isnt at the level of the basic Apple palm rejection used in the integrated "note".
But Id like a possibility of cropping PDFs or notes in order to be able to create images/notes at a custom size different than A4 (hard crop). It would be useful to insert them in PDFLaTeX documents, and reduce the margins of the output PDF, that are too large by default.
Choosing the size/resolution of the PDF output lacks.
Being able to draw straight lines or basic shapes without creating a figure lacks.
Improving Palm rejection on Ipad Pro with Apple Pencil is mandatory too:
Using this app for few years now for hand write note taking at meetings etc...
Unable to sort by name A to Z or Z to A which was in earlier version !!!
Restore notes from cloud modify all creation dates to restore date ?
Faltam duas funções para este app ser perfeito: Poder inserir/remover páginas PDF e o reconhecimento de formas semelhante ao goodnotes4.
There are 2 missing features to this app become perfect: ability do add/remove PDFs pages and shape recognition just like on Goodnotes4.
I cant move the text or add new pages between existing ones without the app freezing...
A última atualização corrigiu problemas cruciais, fazendo o aplicativo retomar seu bom desempenho. Algumas melhorias ainda são necessárias para tornar o app 5 estrelas.
The latest version contains the solution of key problems. The solution makes the app reviver it good performance. Some improvements are still necessary to make it become a 5 stars app.
Best note app ever!
The only app I have ever bought and it is worth it.
I have never used my notebook again, after I buy this app.
Taking note during classes was never this fast.
Of course it still need some updates and more functions, but comparing with other apps...this one beats them all
Some bad moments
Notability developer he gave me some solutions... Which caused duplicates!!! If you have two duplicate i will become 4! Duplicates wastes disk space on my macbook. Worse than that, deleting duplicates costs time and efforts needlessly... This drives me crazy and regret the time i purchased this app. A disappointing app, Notability, you threat me with my valuable documents on you... So that i do not remove from my ipad and macbook.
I loved this app on ios. Now i hate it since i started to use it on my macbook. Syncing between ios and mac os is the most horrible part. I enquired
This is not a bad app. It has several features that are useful. However, it is way too simplistic. I like a certain style of document, and I cant make it that way. You must follow the annoying template. There are limited fonts to choose from. Personally, I prefer Apple Pages. It is the same price, but much more powerful for note-taking.
Notability will no longer import pdf files (basically the only type of file it CAN typically import) so the app is virtually useless. I rely heavily on this app for annotating my notes in class so this is a huge issue. Im willing to update my review when this is fixed and i really hope it is fixed ASAP.
Great app overall but since the iOS 10 update,
I like the app a lot and I use it on iOS and macos. Its good and nice features, but on iOS it crashes way too often. Disappointing when I lose my notes and recording(s).
THIS APP ONLY BUG, SAVE AND BUG, LOAD AND BUG EVEN SCROLE AND BUG, I HATE IT
This app was amazing until I couldnt import PDFs or documents from other drives or downloads...
blackboard mobile app,
the notebook lite,
notebook for school lite,
and other. So, download free Notability .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Notability iOS app used & searched for